Friday, December 9, 2011

Baking Memories

I started baking with my mom and my grandma when I was little. I have some really fun memories-- most of them are of us laughing so hard we're crying! The Christmas baking marathon normally lasts a full day.  By the end of the day, we are so tired, but the rewards make it totally worth it! Tomorrow I will spend the day baking cookies with my mom and my daughter. I'm so happy that my daughter loves to bake with her grandma too.


Chocolate Filled Spritz Cookies (My Favorite)

Preheat oven to 375
Makes 4 dozen

2 ½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
¾ tsp crème de menthe flavoring
3 drops green food coloring

10 Hersey bars, broken into 12 pieces each- set aside
Cream the butter and the sugar in large mixer then add the remaining ingredients
Use biscuit attachment on spritz cookie maker
Make 3 rows length wise on the cookie sheet of dough
Place pieces of Hershey bars spaced ½ inch apart on top of the rows of dough
Place another row of cookie dough on top of the chocolate pieces
Decorate with colored sprinkled or sugars
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until dough is light brown around the edges
Upon removal from oven cut into individual cookies in between Hershey bars
Let cool, store in an air tight container

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews